Dog Bite Lawyer Crawford County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Crawford County, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Crawford County resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. They are serious injuries that deserve to be seen to by a doctor, or a medical professional. Do not let your neighbor, friends, or family convince you that it’s just a “dog bite,” its not. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Crawford County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Crawford County
Hassakis Law is a local Crawford County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Crawford County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their pet shouldn’t be punished for a one time attack. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Crawford County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. They are made for killing or injuring other animals. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Crawford County can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may need physical therapy for your injury, or other types of classes to fully heal. All types of rehabilitation cost money. The dog owner can be held liable for these costs.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Crawford County is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Crawford County won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Crawford County – Lawyer near me Crawford County
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Crawford County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.