Dog Bite Lawyer Du Quoin, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Du Quoin, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Du Quoin resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be out of fear, an aggressive nature, out of protection of a family member, or because the dog is trying to assert itself.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Du Quoin can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Du Quoin
Hassakis Law is a local Du Quoin personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, what you should be able to recover from your claim, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Du Quoin as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Du Quoin pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that the dog has never done that before and that they shouldn’t be punished. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Du Quoin secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Du Quoin can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. These classes aren’t free. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Du Quoin will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Du Quoin – Lawyer near me Du Quoin
Dog bites don’t just happen randomly, there are always signs that point either to prior negligence or a lack of confinement of the animal, or a history of aggressive behavior from the animal. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Du Quoin takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.