Dog Bite Lawyer Freeburg, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Freeburg, IL. Freeburg pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, they typically do it out of fear, or because the animal is aggressive and protecting what they consider to be their territory.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Freeburg can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Freeburg
Hassakis Law is a local Freeburg personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, what you can expect to be awarded for your injuries, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Freeburg as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Freeburg pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to place the blame on your for the attack, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Freeburg secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. Your injuries may be severe enough that surgery will be required, which always costs. We can make sure that the person responsible for your injuries pays.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. You shouldn’t have to pay for these classes. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Freeburg is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Freeburg will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Freeburg – Lawyer near me Freeburg
Dogs bite when they haven’t been properly trained, or when they are stressed because of their living conditions. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Freeburg takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.