Dog Bite Lawyer Gallatin County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Gallatin County, IL. Gallatin County pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Dogs can be incredible companions for any family, but when they are neglected or not trained properly they can also be dangerous to neighbors, deliverymen/postmen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites are not a joke, they are often serious injuries that can cause deformities or lasting health issues. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you should always get medical attention for a dog bite. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Gallatin County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Gallatin County
Hassakis Law is a local Gallatin County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you can expect to be awarded for your injuries, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Gallatin County as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Gallatin County pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Gallatin County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. They are made for killing or injuring other animals. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. Our Dog Bite Claims team can make sure that all of your expenses are covered.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. All types of rehabilitation cost money. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog has bitten someone before, or if there have been complaints against the animal and the pet owner still refused to properly train their animal, punitive damages can be sought against the pet owner.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Gallatin County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Gallatin County – Lawyer near me Gallatin County
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Gallatin County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.