Dog Bite Lawyer Glen Carbon, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Glen Carbon, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Glen Carbon is responsible. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites are not a joke, they are often serious injuries that can cause deformities or lasting health issues. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Glen Carbon can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Glen Carbon
Hassakis Law is a local Glen Carbon personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Glen Carbon as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Glen Carbon secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their mouths are made for ripping and puncturing their food. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. Our Dog Bite Claims team can make sure that all of your expenses are covered.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You work hard for your money, and you have bills that have to be paid. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your dog bite claim in Glen Carbon may have complexities that make it different from other claims. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Glen Carbon fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Glen Carbon – Lawyer near me Glen Carbon
Dogs bite when they haven’t been properly trained, or when they are stressed because of their living conditions. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. You can get a legal recovery from a dog bite. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Glen Carbon takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.