Dog Bite Lawyer Jefferson County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Jefferson County, IL. Jefferson County pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Do not let your neighbor, friends, or family convince you that it’s just a “dog bite,” its not. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Jefferson County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Jefferson County
Hassakis Law is a local Jefferson County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, how much you can recover for your injuries, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Jefferson County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They’ll be mad at you for the dog attacking you, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Jefferson County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. They are made for killing or injuring other animals. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. Your injuries may be severe enough that surgery will be required, which always costs. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Jefferson County can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Jefferson County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Jefferson County – Lawyer near me Jefferson County
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. You can get a legal recovery from a dog bite. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Jefferson County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.