Dog Bite Lawyer Macon County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Macon County, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Macon County resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Macon County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Macon County
Hassakis Law is a local Macon County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you should be able to recover from your claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Macon County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
The dog owner won’t always accept responsibility for the actions of their pet. They’ll be mad at you for the dog attacking you, or that their pet shouldn’t be punished for a one time attack. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Macon County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have jaws that are built for breaking bones. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You work hard for your money, and you have bills that have to be paid. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your claim may require more legal costs, or it may be relatively simple and fast. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Macon County fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Macon County – Lawyer near me Macon County
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Macon County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.