Dog Bite Lawyer Massac County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Massac County, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Massac County resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Dogs can be incredible companions for any family, but when they are neglected or not trained properly they can also be dangerous to neighbors, deliverymen/postmen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you should always get medical attention for a dog bite. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Massac County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Massac County
Hassakis Law is a local Massac County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. You’re injuries are no laughing matter, you’re hurt and you need help. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, what you should be able to recover from your claim, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Massac County as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
The dog owner won’t always accept responsibility for the actions of their pet. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that the dog has never done that before and that they shouldn’t be punished. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Massac County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their teeth are made for puncturing and holding prey. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Massac County can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. All types of rehabilitation cost money. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Massac County will always fight on your behalf to make sure that you get everything you deserve, and that the negligent pet owner doesn’t get off free.
Dog Bite Lawyer Massac County – Lawyer near me Massac County
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. You can get a legal recovery from a dog bite. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Massac County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.