Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Southern Illinois
Medical Malpractice Attorneys Evansville
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Evansville, IL. Making the correct decisions regarding health can be difficult, that’s why we trust in doctors and physicians to make the correct decisions for us. Most often they do. Unfortunately, errors do happen during diagnoses or treatment, and the doctor responsible for these errors should be held accountable for their actions. Any case regarding the negligence of a doctor can be complicated, and should not be pursued without the assistance of an experienced and professional lawyer. Hassakis Law has over 60 years of experience in providing excellent legal counseling to Evansville and Illinois residents, and our Medical Malpractice Lawyers are willing to help you and your family through your medical malpractice case. If you need more information regarding what constitutes medical malpractice, or what our medical malpractice lawyers in Illinois can do for your claim, call or contact Hassakis Law and our Medical Malpractice Lawyers now for a free consultation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Evansville and Illinois
Medical Malpractice, also known as medical negligence, is when an error is made regarding your health and the health professional knew about the error, or when a doctor makes an obviously incorrect decision either in the choice of a surgery, the missed diagnosis of an illness, or the lack of a diagnoses in an illness or condition. Determining fault or negligence in a medical malpractice claim can be difficult as the intent of the doctor or physician has to be determined and has to be provable. Here are several types of medical malpractice claims that our lawyers pursue:
- Misdiagnosis – The failure to diagnose an ailment or condition that another physician would not have under the same circumstances.
- Over/Under-Diagnosis – These cases arise from the failure to diagnose the severity of the ailment. Diagnosing an ailment as being more serious that it actually is can lead to unnecessary medical treatments or surgeries, and under diagnosing can lead to missing or worsening conditions that could have been treated with the correct diagnoses.
- Medication Errors – These errors arise from a patient being prescribed the wrong medication. Incorrect medication can lead to further medical issues that can complicate your current ailments.
- Surgical Errors – Surgical errors arise from a doctor or physician making an error during the surgery. These types of errors can further complicate medical issues.
- Medical Negligence – Medical Negligence can arise from either a willful intent to delay or disregard certain health conditions or options you may need. A physician that does not take your ailments or injuries serious because they think you are either overestimating your illness, or because they don’t believe you or don’t care has committed medical negligence.
- Wrong Patient Errors – Performing an operation on or prescribing medication or treatments that are prescribed for a different patient is known as wrong patient errors. This type of error is usually do to confusion, but should still never happen.
- Incorrect Surgery or Surgery Site Error – Wrong-Site Surgery occurs when a surgery takes place on the wrong limb or organ of the body. These types of errors are incredibly negligent and cause further health concerns that may not be related to the original issue. Here is more information regarding the seriousness of wrong-site surgery errors.
- Death Resulting from Medical Negligence – Whether it be from a failure to diagnose, a missed or under diagnosed issue, surgical errors, or another type of medical error, a death that results from medical negligence is a serious medical malpractice claim.
If you or a member of your family is suffering because of one of the medical malpractice cases above, or any other complication or medical issue that is a result of treatment that may have been negligent, our Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers are prepared to defend your claim. In a medical malpractice case, experience matters, and the Hassakis Law Firm has over 60 years of pursuing medical malpractice claims for Evansville and Illinois residents. For a free consultation regarding your medical malpractice claim, contact our medical malpractice lawyers now.
What steps should I take if I’ve been a victim of Medical Malpractice?
If you’ve suffered because of medical malpractice, the first steps you should take are crucial in protecting your claim. Speaking with an experienced medical malpractice attorney should always be the initial step, but if you aren’t able to immediately speak with an attorney, here are the steps you can take:
- First, make sure that you have all of the documentation regarding the diagnoses the doctor or physician made regarding your health or ailment. These documents are important to a medical malpractice case because they can determine whether or not a correct decision regarding your health was made from the beginning.
- Secondly, obtain any documentation regarding medicines, procedures, or rehabilitation that were prescribed following your diagnoses. If the incorrect treatment for your ailment was prescribed, this could be used to substantiate your medical malpractice claim.
- The third step you should take is documenting what medicine,
treatment, or procedure you actually received, and whether or not it was a positive or negative effect towards your health.
- Fourth, if an error did arise from medical negligence, misdiagnoses, or another medically related decision, what steps did your doctor or physician take to correct the error. Documenting your doctor’s response to the error is also crucial to your claim.
Collecting and documenting this information is vital to any medical malpractice claim. With these documents, our Illinois Medical Malpractice Attorneys will be able to protect your claim and see to it that the doctor or physician who endangered your health will be held liable to the fullest extent of the law.
How can a Evansville Medical Malpractice Attorney help my claim?
Choosing which steps or decisions to make following any medical procedure can be hard. You may still be suffering from the effects of the error, and may not be thinking clearly regarding your legal rights. Contacting an experienced and professional Medical Malpractice Attorney can help secure your claim. Our Illinois medical malpractice attorneys know the most effective routes to use when collecting evidence and know which statutes apply to which cases of medical malpractice and can use this knowledge to defend your claim.
The Hospital or Doctor will have a lawyer on hand, so you will absolutely need a lawyer to protect yours. Fighting a medical malpractice case by yourself is not advised as the other parties lawyer may get you to agree to either concession regarding your settlement/recovery, or may trap you with documents to trick you into clearing the doctor of any wrong-doing regarding your claim. Our Evansville Medical Malpractice Attorneys have defeated these tactics before and can do so for you. For a free consultation regarding your Illinois medical malpractice claim, call or contact our medical error lawyers now.
Serving Southern Illinois for 60 Plus Years
Demetri Hassakis opened this law firm in 1950 to provide high-quality representation to the people of Southern Illinois. Now over Sixty Years later, his son, Mark D. Hassakis, continues that proud tradition.
All of our lawyers are from Southern Illinois. We know the people here and can help you. Call our office at (618)-244-5335 or contact us online for a free consultation. We also drive to wherever you are in the area, at no extra cost to you. We also have offices in Mount Vernon, Mount Carmel, Effingham, Belleville, Vandalia, Olney, and Marion, Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available. μιλούν ελληνικά.