Dog Bite Lawyer Monroe County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Monroe County, IL. Not every pet owner in Monroe County is a responsible pet owner. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be out of fear, an aggressive nature, out of protection of a family member, or because the dog is trying to assert itself.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Your injuries deserve medical attention. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve been forced to miss work and lose wages, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Monroe County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Monroe County
Hassakis Law is a local Monroe County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Monroe County as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Monroe County pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Monroe County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have jaws that are built for breaking bones. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work. If you hadn’t been bitten, then you wouldn’t have had to miss work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. The dog owner can be held liable for these costs.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your claim may require more legal costs, or it may be relatively simple and fast. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Monroe County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Monroe County – Lawyer near me Monroe County
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Monroe County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.