Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Carlyle
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Carlyle. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, they can also be dangerous and account for a high amount of traffic fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we take great pride in providing Carlyle residents with qualified legal guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for Carlyle residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight for you and your loved ones and to make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Carlyle Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer many of the protections that cars and trucks have because driving a motorcycle is more about freedom, and having a certain lifestyle. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- Motorcycles and scooters are smaller in size and much lighter.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash, its important to seek qualified legal guidance immediately. Our Carlyle crash lawyers will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. To speak with one of our traffic accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Speeding, drunk driving, and a failure to pay attention are some of the most usual culprits. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The reasons for why motorcycle accidents happen often involves other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Driving vehicles with faulty equipment or that have not been properly maintained, which could increase the risk of problems like brake failure or broken indicators
- Texting and Driving or using an electrical device that takes concentration off the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Our Lawyers also provide legal counseling and services to areas of Illinois, whether it be north, south or central. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.