Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Crawford County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Crawford County. Motorcycles offer a driving experience that you cant get with a truck or car. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That number includes cars, trucks, scooters, off-road vehicles, and others. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Crawford County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Crawford County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to aggressively pursue your case and make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to get justice and compensation for your motorcycle crash, contact our experienced and professional Crawford County motorcycle crash attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Crawford County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. What they lack in protective elements they make up in freedom. Due to the lack of these protective elements motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are some of the factors that contribute to the severity of motorcycle accident injuries:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
When a motorcycle accident has occurred, its important to speak with our motorcycle accident attorneys immediately. Our Crawford County attorneys will fight to defend your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Reckless driving, drunk driving, or driving while impaired often lead to accidents. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and your crash is similar to one of those above, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While some instances of scooter and motorcycle accidents don’t involve other drivers, in many cases, the other drivers are involved in these collisions, which can increase the likelihood that negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the crash. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Driving a vehicle with obvious issues that can meet road safety obligations
- Driving while using a cell phone
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Crawford County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Given the ever mobile world we live in, we receive contact from potential clients that live in central or northern Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.