Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Edwards County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Edwards County. Motorcycles are exciting and liberating to drive. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Edwards County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Edwards County residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Edwards County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. Due to the lack of these protective elements motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are reasons why motorcycle accidents can be so catastrophic:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
When a motorcycle accident has occurred, its important to speak with our motorcycle accident attorneys immediately. Our Edwards County accident lawyers can and will help you through your motorcycle accident claim to defend your rights and legal compensation. To speak with one of our traffic accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you or a member of your family has been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Negligence is often the main factor in Motorcycle Accidents. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while tired
- Driving vehicles with faulty equipment or that have not been properly maintained, which could increase the risk of problems like brake failure or broken indicators
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Given the ever mobile world we live in, we receive contact from potential clients that live in central or northern Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.