Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Effingham County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Effingham County. Motorcycles offer a driving experience that you cant get with a truck or car. Unfortunately, they can also be dangerous and account for a high amount of traffic fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we are proud to offer our services to Effingham County residents. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Effingham County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to aggressively pursue your case and make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to get justice and compensation for your motorcycle crash, contact our experienced and professional Effingham County motorcycle crash attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Effingham County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. Because of this motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are reasons why motorcycle accidents can be so catastrophic:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash, its important to seek qualified legal guidance immediately. Our Effingham County accident lawyers can and will help you through your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents often happen for the same reasons that other accidents do. Reckless driving, drunk driving, or driving while impaired often lead to accidents. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle Accidents happen for a variety or reasons, and often it is due to the negligence of other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Effingham County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide legal guidance and expertise to all of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.