Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Randolph County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Randolph County. Motorcycles are exciting and liberating to drive. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining cars, trucks, ATVs and other motorized vehicles. If you’ve been injured because of a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Randolph County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for Randolph County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight for you and your loved ones and to make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Randolph County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash, its important to seek qualified legal guidance immediately. Our Randolph County attorneys will fight to defend your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
As with other vehicles, motorcycle accidents can happen in many usual circumstances. Speeding, drunk driving, and a failure to pay attention are some of the most usual culprits. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you or a member of your family has been a victim of a motorcycle accident and one of the reasons above or another led to your accident, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, no obligation assessment of your claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The reasons for why motorcycle accidents happen often involves other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Driving vehicles with faulty equipment or that have not been properly maintained, which could increase the risk of problems like brake failure or broken indicators
- Driving while using a cell phone
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. Our Motorcycle Crash Attorneys have fought for the rights and recoveries of Randolph County residents for nearly 70 years, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide services to all areas of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.