Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Saline County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Saline County. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you’ve been injured because of a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we provide Saline County residents with unmatched legal representation and guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Saline County residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. If you’re ready to have a law firm that will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim, call us.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Saline County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- Motorcycles and scooters are smaller in size and much lighter.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Saline County attorneys will fight to defend your motorcycle accident claim and make sure you are taken care of. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Reckless driving, drunk driving, or driving while impaired often lead to accidents. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and one of the reasons above or another led to your accident, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle Accidents happen for a variety or reasons, and often it is due to the negligence of other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Driving a vehicle with obvious issues that can meet road safety obligations
- Texting and Driving or using an electrical device that takes concentration off the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide services to all areas of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.