Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Wabash County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Wabash County. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining cars, trucks, ATVs and other motorized vehicles. If you’ve been injured because of a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we are proud to offer our services to Wabash County residents. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Wabash County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you are ready to get the recovery and compensation you and your family deserve, call our motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Wabash County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. Due to the lack of these protective elements motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are some of the factors that contribute to the severity of motorcycle accident injuries:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- The lack of protection from the elements that motorcycles and scooters provide.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, regardless of how or why it happened, our motorcycle crash attorneys can help. Our Wabash County crash lawyers are ready to take on your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. To get in touch with our motorcycle accident attorneys, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents often happen for the same reasons that other accidents do. Reckless driving, drunk driving, or driving while impaired often lead to accidents. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you’ve been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your crash was caused by one of the reasons above or another, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, no obligation assessment of your claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While some instances of scooter and motorcycle accidents don’t involve other drivers, in many cases, the other drivers are involved in these collisions, which can increase the likelihood that negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the crash. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while using a cell phone
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Wabash County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide legal guidance and expertise to all of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.