Broken bones, muscle tears and injuries to your ligaments and tendons can be not only painful and debilitating, but they can also be extremely costly, as you may require extensive medical treatments and possibly even surgery to repair such injuries. In the worst cases, these injuries can result in lifelong disability or pain, particularly if you need to have bone screws surgically implanted, parts of your muscle or tendons removed, etc. In the event that your broken bones, muscles tears or injured ligaments and tendons have been caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person or party, you will likely be entitled to compensation that can be vital to helping you pay for your medical bills, lost wages, ongoing treatment costs and mental anguish.
When Negligence Causes Broken Bones, Muscle Tears and Ligament/Tendon Injuries
Examples of situations that can result in broken bones, muscle tears and/or ligament or tendon injuries include (but are not limited to):
- Accidents that occur due to use of dangerous or defective products, which could be pave the way for strong product liability cases
- Boating or jet ski accidents
- Medical accidents, including mistakes made by a doctor or nurse, use of defective or dangerous medical devices or use of dangerous medications (These types of accidents could lay the ground work for strong medical malpractice or product liability cases.)
- Slip and fall accidents (Should these occur on another individual’s or corporation’s property, you will likely have a strong premises liability case.)
- Traffic accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle crashes, commercial vehicle and truck accidents, bus accidents and bicycle or pedestrian accidents
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life. If you or a loved one has sustained a broken bone, muscle tear or an injury to a ligament or tendon that could be attributed to another party’s negligence or recklessness, contact us by calling (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.