Dog Bite Lawyer Parkersburg, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Parkersburg, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Parkersburg is responsible. Dogs can be incredible companions for any family, but when they are neglected or not trained properly they can also be dangerous to neighbors, deliverymen/postmen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be out of fear, an aggressive nature, out of protection of a family member, or because the dog is trying to assert itself.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Your injuries deserve medical attention. Do not let your neighbor, friends, or family convince you that it’s just a “dog bite,” its not. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Parkersburg can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Parkersburg
Hassakis Law is a local Parkersburg personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. You’re injuries are no laughing matter, you’re hurt and you need help. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you can expect to be awarded for your injuries, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Parkersburg as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that the dog has never done that before and that they shouldn’t be punished. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Parkersburg secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite can leave scars, tears in the skin, or other types of deformities. Your injuries may be severe enough that surgery will be required, which always costs. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Parkersburg can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Injuries that affect your mobility and cause you to miss work and wages. You can’t afford to miss work. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may need physical therapy for your injury, or other types of classes to fully heal. All types of rehabilitation cost money. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your dog bite claim in Parkersburg may have complexities that make it different from other claims. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Parkersburg won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Parkersburg – Lawyer near me Parkersburg
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Parkersburg takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.