Dog Bite Lawyer Perry County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Perry County, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Perry County resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Perry County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Perry County
Hassakis Law is a local Perry County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you have questions regarding the legal process for a dog bite, what you should be able to recover from your claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Perry County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
The dog owner won’t always accept responsibility for the actions of their pet. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Perry County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their mouths are made for ripping and puncturing their food. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Perry County can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. You shouldn’t have to pay for these classes. The dog owner can be held liable for these costs.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Perry County fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Perry County – Lawyer near me Perry County
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Perry County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.