Southern Illinois Premises Liability Lawyers
Slip and Fall Accidents
Grocery stores, hotels and motels, restaurants, office buildings, retail stores and other public places have many unseen dangers, and falls are common. However, the landowners and managers have a legal duty to keep these public places safe for their customers. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may be able to bring a premises liability action against the property owner. Our law office is experienced in taking action against negligent property owners and can help you get compensation for your injuries.
We are able to handle all types of premises liability claims, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Falling accidents and accidents involving falling objects
- Stairwell injury claims
- Injuries caused by negligent security
- Elevator and escalator accidents
Compensation for Crime Victims Through Negligent Security Claims
Victims of crimes often find that they have no place to turn for financial compensation. Careful investigation, however, may reveal that legal action can be taken against the premises owner/maintainer where the crime took place. If you were assaulted or injured because a parking lot or hallway had insufficient lighting or insufficient security, we can help you.
The vast majority of our legal practice is focused on personal injury cases, including premises liability. Since 1950, Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has been providing passionate, client-centered representation for our Southern Illinois clients.
Premises Liability Cases Are Especially Urgent
The insurance companies are experts at getting the answers they need to legally deny your claim and deny your rights. If you’ve been injured on someone’s property, call a lawyer immediately before talking to anyone else. We, unfortunately, must turn down many cases of this tape where type recorded statements have already been given by the injured victims.
Premises liability call for urgent and immediate actions. Calling an attorney right away after an injury can help in a few important ways:
- Defending your claim from the very beginning: The defense lawyers and insurance companies for property owners are going to do everything possible right from the start to eliminate your chance of recovering compensation for your injuries. We can help make sure your chances for compensation are protected.
- Gathering on-site evidence: Especially if your injury occurred someplace public like a grocery store or restaurant, calling a lawyer early on can help ensure that the proper evidence is collected and witnesses are interviewed before too much time passes.
- Recording a Statement: It is essential that you not provide a recorded statement to anyone.
Under Illinois law, if you are more than 50% negligent for what occurred, you do not recover at all, so establishing a great case right from the start is essential.
Serving Southern Illinois for 60 Plus Years
Contact us today for a free consultation. We have offices in Mount Vernon, Mount Carmel, Effingham, Belleville, Vandalia, Olney, and Marion, and we also drive to wherever you are in Southern Illinois, at no extra charge to you.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available. μιλούν ελληνικά.