Medical Malpractice Lawyers Southern Illinois
Medical Malpractice, also known as medical negligence, is when a doctor knowingly makes an error in a decision that affects your health, or when a doctor makes an obviously incorrect decision either in the choice of surgery, the missed diagnosis of an illness, or the lack of a diagnosis in an illness or condition. As you may see, determining either negligence, or willful misconduct in a medical malpractice claim can be difficult as the intent of the doctor or physician has to be determined and has to be provable. Here are several types of medical malpractice claims that our lawyers pursue:
- Misdiagnosis - Misdiagnosis is when a doctor or physician fails to diagnose an illness or ailment that another doctor would not have reasonably missed.
- Over/Under-Diagnosis - These types of medical malpractice cases occur when a doctor fails to correctly diagnose the severity of the issue, whether that severity be more or less than what they diagnosed. Diagnosing an ailment as being more serious than it actually is can lead to unnecessary medical treatments or surgeries, and underdiagnosing an ailment can lead to further serious medical complications that would not have arisen with a correct diagnosis.
- Medication Errors - These types of errors arise when a doctor or physician prescribes the wrong type of medication for your particular ailment. Incorrect medication can lead to further medical issues that can complicate your current ailements
- Surgical Errors - A surgical error happens when a doctor makes an error in your surgery that can adversely affect the outcome of the surgery, and your health following the operation.
- Medical Negligence - Medical Negligence can arise from either a willful intent to delay or disregard certain health conditions or options you may need. A physician that does not take your ailments or injuries seriously because they think you are either overestimating your illness or because they don't believe you or don't care has committed medical negligence.
- Wrong Patient Errors - Performing an operation on or prescribing medication or treatments that are prescribed for a different patient is known as wrong-patient errors. This can happen when a doctor or physician confuses two patients and fails to correct the issue before prescribing a treatment.
- Incorrect Surgery or Surgery Site Error - Performing surgery on the wrong part of the body or the wrong organ can have incredibly adverse health effects. These types of errors show huge amounts of negligence and can cause serious and lasting health consequences for the patient. Here is more information regarding the seriousness of wrong-site surgery errors.
- Death Resulting from Medical Negligence - Whether it be from a failure to diagnose, a missed or underdiagnosed issue, surgical errors, or another type of medical error, a death that results from medical negligence is a serious medical malpractice claim.
If you or someone you care for is suffering from any of the above types of medical malpractice, or another issue or reason that you believe is arising because of either a lack of medical treatment or an error or failure in medical treatment by a doctor or physician, our Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers are willing to help you with your claim. In a medical malpractice case, experience matters, and the Hassakis Law Firm has over 60 years of pursuing medical malpractice claims for Mount Vernon and Illinois residents. For a free consultation regarding your medical malpractice claim, contact our medical malpractice lawyers now.
Serving Southern Illinois for 70+ Years
Demetri Hassakis opened this law firm in 1950 to provide high-quality representation to the people of Southern Illinois. Now over six decades later, his son, Mark D. Hassakis, continues that proud tradition.
All of our lawyers are from Southern Illinois. We know the people here and can help you. Call our office at (618)-244-5335 or contact us online for a free consultation. We also drive to wherever you are in the area, at no extra cost to you. We also have offices in Mount Vernon, Mount Carmel, Effingham, Belleville, Vandalia, Olney, and Marion, Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available. μιλούν ελληνικά.