Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Collinsville
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Collinsville. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, they can also be dangerous and account for a high amount of traffic fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That number includes cars, trucks, scooters, off-road vehicles, and others. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we provide Collinsville residents with unmatched legal representation and guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Collinsville residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you are ready to get the recovery and compensation you and your family deserve, call our motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Collinsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. This is a list of why accident involving motorcycles can be so traumatic:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Collinsville attorneys will fight to defend your motorcycle accident claim to defend your rights and legal compensation. To speak with one of our traffic accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents often happen for the same reasons that other accidents do. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and one of the reasons above or another led to your accident, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle Accidents happen for a variety or reasons, and often it is due to the negligence of other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Texting and Driving or using an electrical device that takes concentration off the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Given the ever mobile world we live in, we receive contact from potential clients that live in central or northern Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.