Dog Bite Lawyer Alton, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Alton, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Alton is responsible. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog’s have sharp teeth that leave terrible scars or injuries. They are serious injuries that deserve to be seen to by a doctor, or a medical professional. Do not let your neighbor, friends, or family convince you that it’s just a “dog bite,” its not. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve been forced to miss work and lose wages, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Alton can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Alton
Hassakis Law is a local Alton personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you can expect to be awarded for your injuries, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Alton as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Alton pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to place the blame on your for the attack, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Alton secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. We can make sure that the person responsible for your injuries pays.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Alton is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Alton will always fight on your behalf to make sure that you get everything you deserve, and that the negligent pet owner doesn’t get off free.
Dog Bite Lawyer Alton – Lawyer near me Alton
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Alton takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.