In light of our recent blog regarding the dangers of wintertime carbon monoxide poisoning for Illinois residents, we thought it would be a good time to take a closer look at some options for financial recovery if or when people suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Options for Financial Recovery after Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
After experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, injured people may be able to obtain compensation for their injuries, medical bills and losses, depending on what caused their condition. In the event that negligence may have been involved, one (or a combination) of the following parties may be to blame and can be ordered to compensate injured people who move forward with legal action:
- A landlord – If you rent, your landlord may be to blame for your carbon monoxide poisoning if (s)he has failed to install smoke/carbon monoxide detectors in your unit, has installed old appliances or heating systems in your unit, has failed to have your unit’s detectors/appliances maintained, etc.
- A technician – A technician may be to blame for your carbon monoxide poisoning if that individual improperly installed appliances in your living space, failed to properly maintain these appliances, failed to notice things like broken gas lines that can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, etc.
- Appliance manufacturers – In some cases, your home appliances themselves may have been defectively designed, allowing carbon monoxide to leak in your home. When this is the case, the makers of the defective appliances that contributed to carbon monoxide poisoning can be held accountable in product liability lawsuits.
The bottom line here is that there may be a few different parties on the hook after you’ve suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t hesitate to contact one of our trusted personal injury and products liability attorneys today to find out more about:
- Whether negligence may have contributed to your carbon monoxide poisoning
- Your best options for proceeding with financial recovery.
Mount Vernon Personal Injury & Product Liability Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of a defective home heater or other appliance? If so, the experienced and trusted Mount Vernon personal injury and products liability lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights.
Since 1950, we have been providing the highest quality legal services and representation to our clients. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
If you are ready to learn more about your best legal options and how we can help you, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.