Continuing from Your Winter Driving Safety Checklist (Pt. 1), here, we will continue to point out some specific steps you can take to reduce your chances of getting into collisions on icy winter roads.
While the first part of this blog series highlighted what you can do to prepare your vehicle for winter driving safety, here we will outline some things you can do to get yourself ready to take on the less-than-favorable weather and road conditions of winter.
Your Winter Driving Safety Checklist for Preparing Yourself
After getting your vehicle ready to take on winter road and weather conditions, make sure that you, as well as all of the drivers in your family, are also ready to get behind the wheel and safely drive. To prepare yourself (and other drivers in your home), here is your winter driving safety checklist:
- I have planned my route and an alternative route (this is especially important for longer road trips that will take you through colder regions).
- I have checked the weather and road conditions ahead of time to be aware of any potentially risky conditions I should try to avoid.
- I have practiced (or am experienced at) safely driving on icy roads and/or in the snow.
- I have gone over some other helpful winter driving safety tips, like driving slower, leaving more room between vehicles and knowing how to operate vehicles when they may skid.
If you are able to successfully check off all of the items on our winter driving safety checklist, then you should congratulate yourself for your diligence and responsibility! However, you should also be aware that, regardless of how much you prepare:
- You cannot control the actions of other motorists.
- If you do end up getting hurt in any type of motor vehicle accident his winter season, you can turn to the skilled Mount Vernon car accident lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis for aggressive legal advocacy and help securing the compensation you may deserve.
Mount Vernon Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been hurt in a traffic accident? If so, the experienced and trusted Mount Vernon motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights.
We take pride in tailoring our legal representation to specifically meet our clients’ needs and in expertly guiding them through each stage of the complex legal process. While our attorneys are aggressive and effective litigators both inside and outside of the courtroom, we are also counselors that can provide our clients with helpful legal advice regarding their best options.
Let’s Talk – Contact Us Today
If you are ready to learn more about your best legal options and how we can help you, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.