Dog Bite Lawyer Edwardsville, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Edwardsville, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Edwardsville resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. They are serious injuries that deserve to be seen to by a doctor, or a medical professional. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Edwardsville can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Edwardsville
Hassakis Law is a local Edwardsville personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you have questions regarding the legal process for a dog bite, what you should be able to recover from your claim, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Edwardsville as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Edwardsville pet owner is willing to do that. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Edwardsville secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. They are made for killing or injuring other animals. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. Your dog bite may need to be seen to by a medical professional. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Edwardsville can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. You shouldn’t have to pay for these classes. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your dog bite claim in Edwardsville may have complexities that make it different from other claims. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Edwardsville won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Edwardsville – Lawyer near me Edwardsville
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. You can get a legal recovery from a dog bite. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Edwardsville takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.