Dog Bite Lawyer Effingham County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Effingham County, IL. Effingham County pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Effingham County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Effingham County
Hassakis Law is a local Effingham County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Effingham County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
The dog owner won’t always accept responsibility for the actions of their pet. They’ll be mad at you for the dog attacking you, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Effingham County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. Our Dog Bite Claims team can make sure that all of your expenses are covered.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. All types of rehabilitation cost money. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog has bitten someone before, or if there have been complaints against the animal and the pet owner still refused to properly train their animal, punitive damages can be sought against the pet owner.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Effingham County is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Effingham County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Effingham County – Lawyer near me Effingham County
Dog bites don’t just happen randomly, there are always signs that point either to prior negligence or a lack of confinement of the animal, or a history of aggressive behavior from the animal. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. You can get a legal recovery from a dog bite. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Effingham County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.