Dog Bite Lawyer Marion County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Marion County, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Marion County is responsible. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be out of fear, an aggressive nature, out of protection of a family member, or because the dog is trying to assert itself.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you should always get medical attention for a dog bite. Do not let your neighbor, friends, or family convince you that it’s just a “dog bite,” its not. You have rights, and you should use your rights to protect your health and well being. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Marion County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Marion County
Hassakis Law is a local Marion County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you need more information regarding how a claim is filed, what you should be able to recover from your claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Marion County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their pet shouldn’t be punished for a one time attack. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Marion County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have jaws that are built for breaking bones. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. If you hadn’t been bitten, then you wouldn’t have had to miss work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. These classes aren’t free. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your claim may require more legal costs, or it may be relatively simple and fast. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Marion County will always fight on your behalf to make sure that you get everything you deserve, and that the negligent pet owner doesn’t get off free.
Dog Bite Lawyer Marion County – Lawyer near me Marion County
Dog bites don’t just happen randomly, there are always signs that point either to prior negligence or a lack of confinement of the animal, or a history of aggressive behavior from the animal. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Marion County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.