Dog Bite Lawyer Marissa, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Marissa, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Marissa is responsible. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites can leave damaging scars, infections, and worse. They are serious injuries that deserve to be seen to by a doctor, or a medical professional. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Marissa can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Marissa
Hassakis Law is a local Marissa personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you should be able to recover from your claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Marissa as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Marissa secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have jaws that are built for breaking bones. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Marissa can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog has bitten someone before, or if there have been complaints against the animal and the pet owner still refused to properly train their animal, punitive damages can be sought against the pet owner.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Marissa is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Marissa won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Marissa – Lawyer near me Marissa
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Marissa takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.