Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Douglas County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Douglas County. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s taking a tally of all vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s others. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Douglas County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Douglas County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to defend your rights and recoveries and make sure that those who caused your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Douglas County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. What they lack in protective elements they make up in freedom. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- The lack of protection from the elements that motorcycles and scooters provide.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, regardless of how or why it happened, our motorcycle crash attorneys can help. Our Douglas County crash lawyers will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. Do you need to speak with our traffic accident lawyers? If so, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
As with other vehicles, motorcycle accidents can happen in many usual circumstances. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you or a member of your family has been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While some instances of scooter and motorcycle accidents don’t involve other drivers, in many cases, the other drivers are involved in these collisions, which can increase the likelihood that negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the crash. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. Our Motorcycle Crash Attorneys have fought for the rights and recoveries of Douglas County residents for nearly 70 years, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide legal guidance and expertise to all of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.