Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Marissa
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Marissa. Motorcycles are exciting and liberating to drive. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s taking a tally of all vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s others. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we take great pride in providing Marissa residents with qualified legal guidance. We understand how devastating a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for Marissa residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to aggressively pursue your case and make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to get justice and compensation for your motorcycle crash, contact our experienced and professional Marissa motorcycle crash attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Marissa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Marissa accident lawyers can and will help you through your motorcycle accident claim .. To speak with one of our traffic accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
The actions that cause car and truck accidents are often the same ones that cause motorcycle accidents. Whether someone is speeding, driving drunk, or failing to pay attention, an accident can happen at a moments notice. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you’ve been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your crash is similar to one of those above, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While some instances of scooter and motorcycle accidents don’t involve other drivers, in many cases, the other drivers are involved in these collisions, which can increase the likelihood that negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the crash. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while tired
- Driving vehicles with faulty equipment or that have not been properly maintained, which could increase the risk of problems like brake failure or broken indicators
- Texting and Driving or using an electrical device that takes concentration off the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Our Lawyers also provide legal counseling and services to areas of Illinois, whether it be north, south or central. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.