Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Monroe County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Monroe County. Motorcycles offer a driving experience that you cant get with a truck or car. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we are proud to offer our services to Monroe County residents. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for Monroe County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you are ready to get the recovery and compensation you and your family deserve, call our motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Monroe County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are reasons why motorcycle accidents can be so catastrophic:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
When a motorcycle accident has occurred, its important to speak with our motorcycle accident attorneys immediately. Our Monroe County crash lawyers are ready to take on your motorcycle accident claim .. Do you need to speak with our traffic accident lawyers? If so, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
As with other vehicles, motorcycle accidents can happen in many usual circumstances. Reckless driving, drunk driving, or driving while impaired often lead to accidents. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and your crash was caused by one of the reasons above or another, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Negligence is often the main factor in Motorcycle Accidents. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Monroe County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide services to all areas of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.