Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Perry County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Perry County. Motorcycles offer a driving experience that you cant get with a truck or car. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining cars, trucks, ATVs and other motorized vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we are proud to offer our services to Perry County residents. We understand how devastating a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Perry County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight for you and your loved ones and to make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you are ready to get the recovery and compensation you and your family deserve, call our motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Perry County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. Due to the lack of these protective elements motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. This is a list of why accident involving motorcycles can be so traumatic:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
When a motorcycle accident has occurred, its important to speak with our motorcycle accident attorneys immediately. Our Perry County crash lawyers will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. To get in touch with our motorcycle accident attorneys, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents often happen for the same reasons that other accidents do. Whether someone is speeding, driving drunk, or failing to pay attention, an accident can happen at a moments notice. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident and one of the reasons above or another led to your accident, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle Accidents happen for a variety or reasons, and often it is due to the negligence of other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Driving a vehicle with obvious issues that can meet road safety obligations
- Driving while using a cell phone
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Perry County residents and the surrounding area with exceptional and qualified legal guidance for over 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Our Lawyers also provide legal counseling and services to areas of Illinois, whether it be north, south or central. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.