Each year, millions of Americans sustain an injury through no fault of their own, and in many cases, these personal injuries require expensive emergency room visits, follow up medical treatment, loss of work and possibly even long-term or lifelong disabilities.
While focusing on your medical needs and recovery should be your first concern after suffering from any type of personal injury, once your health is stable, the next important step you should take is meeting with an experienced personal injury lawyer to find out if you are eligible for compensation for your injuries and losses. The reason that meeting with an attorney so soon after an accident is important is that, in Illinois, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim and, therefore, seeking a settlement is typically 2 years from the date of the accident (or from the time you became aware of the injury).
How Our Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life. Some of our specific, top-of-the-line services include (but are not limited to):
- Determining liability and filing all necessary court documents to get our clients’ cases initiated
- Gathering all crucial evidence to support our clients’ claim while refuting the defense’s claims (Such evidence can include police reports, doctor’s reports, medical bills, physical evidence, witness testimony and expert witness testimony.)
- Fiercely defending our clients’ rights at every stage of the case, including during mediation, arbitration and trial proceedings
- Standing up against lawyers for even the largest corporations to ensure that our clients get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Among the types of personal injury cases that we are proficient and experienced at overseeing include:
- Traffic accident cases, including cases involving car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck and bus accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Product liability cases
- Premises liability cases, including slip and fall cases
- Other personal injury cases that involve head and brain injuries, back and spinal cord injuries and/or broken bones.
If you or a loved one has sustained any type of personal injury that could be attributed to another party’s negligence or recklessness, contact us by calling (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.