Dog Bite Lawyer Wood River, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Wood River, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Wood River is responsible. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can either be because the animal has an aggressive tendency, or because they feel threatened and are protecting their space.
Dog bites are not a joke, they are often serious injuries that can cause deformities or lasting health issues. Your injuries deserve medical attention. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve been forced to miss work and lose wages, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Wood River can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Wood River
Hassakis Law is a local Wood River personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you’re confused by how the legal process works, how much you can recover for your injuries, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Wood River as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Wood River pet owner is willing to do that. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Wood River secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their teeth are made for puncturing and holding prey. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. Your dog bite may need to be seen to by a medical professional. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may need physical therapy for your injury, or other types of classes to fully heal. These classes aren’t free. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
We understand that many different costs that come with a dog bite case, and we always fight hard for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your case may be different and you may have more needs that need to be litigated. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Wood River fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Wood River – Lawyer near me Wood River
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Our Team can fight for the judgment, reward, and recover you deserve. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Wood River takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.