Dog Bite Lawyer Belleville, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Belleville, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Belleville is responsible. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. They are serious injuries that deserve to be seen to by a doctor, or a medical professional. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Belleville can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Belleville
Hassakis Law is a local Belleville personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you can expect to be awarded for your injuries, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Belleville as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
The dog owner won’t always accept responsibility for the actions of their pet. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Belleville secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. They are made for killing or injuring other animals. A dog bite can leave scars, tears in the skin, or other types of deformities. Your dog bite may need to be seen to by a medical professional. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Belleville can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You work hard for your money, and you have bills that have to be paid. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may need physical therapy for your injury, or other types of classes to fully heal. These classes aren’t free. The pet owner will be required, by law, to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Belleville is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Belleville will always fight on your behalf to make sure that you get everything you deserve, and that the negligent pet owner doesn’t get off free.
Dog Bite Lawyer Belleville – Lawyer near me Belleville
Dog bites don’t just happen randomly, there are always signs that point either to prior negligence or a lack of confinement of the animal, or a history of aggressive behavior from the animal. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Belleville takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.