Burn injuries are a particularly insidious type of personal injury, as they can:
- Permanently damage the muscles, nerves and even organs beneath the area of skin that is burned and, as a result, leave a person with permanent physical disabilities
- Result in unsightly scarring that can wreak havoc on a person’s self-esteem and overall mental well being
- Prevent a person from being able to earn a living in his former profession
- Ultimately devastate a person’s quality of life.
Causes of Burn Injuries
While burn injuries can be caused by a number of different circumstances and factors, the following are among the most common situations that result in mild to serious burn injuries:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, etc.
- Defective or dangerous consumer products, like kitchen appliances, portable heating devices, any product that has faulty wiring (or may even be made out of flammable materials), etc.
- Dangerous or defective medical devices, such as diagnosing or surgical equipment that contain lasers, etc.
- Unsafe working conditions, such as workplaces that fail to provide employees with the necessary personal protective equipment, fail to properly train employees, fail to properly contain chemicals or toxic substances, etc. – Such examples of unsafe working conditions can be especially problematic and dangerous at construction sites, coal mines, oil fields and other environments where workers are regularly using large machinery and/or are in contact with volatile substances.
When burn injuries are caused by any of the above-mentioned factors – or when any type of negligence contributes to a burn injury, those who have suffered mild to serious burns will likely have a personal injury claim and may be able to obtain compensation for their injuries and losses by working with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
We take pride in tailoring our legal representation to specifically meet our clients’ needs and in expertly guiding them through each stage of the complex the legal process. While our attorneys are aggressive and effective litigators both inside and outside of the courtroom, we are also counselors that can provide our clients with helpful legal advice regarding their best options.
If you have sustained a mild to serious burn injury, or if you have lost a loved one due to a serious burn injury, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.