If you are like 80 percent of Americans, you take at least one prescription medication. While these medications may be preventative or restorative in nature, the people who take them tend to depend on them to maintain their health and prevent certain health complications. The unfortunate news is, however, that:
- Mistakes with the type and dose of these medications can occur.
- These mistakes can end up having severe consequences in some cases.
In this three-part blog, we will discuss some facts regarding how often medication mistakes take place in the U.S., what the impacts of these mistakes can be and how medication mistakes can be prevented. If you are believe that you have developed health complications due to any type of medication mistake, you can get the legal help you need and the compensation you likely deserve by contacting the Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis.
The Truth about Medication Mistakes and Malpractice
When it comes to medication mistakes and medical malpractice, here’s what you may want to know…
- Medication mistakes occur far more often in the U.S. than you may realize – In fact, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have reported, each year, upwards of 1.5 million people in the U.S. are hurt by medication mistakes. Annually, these medication mistakes end up costing the U.S. economy about $3.5 billion.
What may be just as shocking as these facts are the facts that:
- More than one medication mistake per every hospital patient takes place in the U.S. on a daily basis.
- More than 40 percent of medication mistakes cause injuries that necessitate complex treatments (such as surgeries) to save patients’ lives.
- The number one cause of patient death (for patients receiving care at inpatient facilities) is medication mistakes.
We will pick this discussion back up in two forthcoming parts of this blog series – be sure to look out for them!
Mount Vernon Medical Malpractice Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Have medication mistakes caused you to develop health complications? If so, the Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. may be able to help you.
Since 1950, our experienced and trusted attorneys have been providing client-centered representation to people hurt by any type of medical malpractice in Southern. In addition to always focusing on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
Let’s talk about your injuries and case. To set up a free, no obligations initial consultation with one of our skilled lawyers, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to pursue your claim, and we can get your case started at no cost to you.