On December 16, 2013, Michelin announced that it would be issuing a voluntary national recall of approximately 1.2 million Michelin LTX M/S tires due to findings that these tires may have defects that increase the likelihood that the tread will separate. Specifically, the manufacturer has stated that the flawed tread on these recalled tires can increase the possibility of:
- Tread separation
- Air leakage from the tires
- Tire blowouts and other forms of tire failure
- Drivers being unable to control their vehicles and, as a result, serious car accidents occurring.
Details Regarding the Michelin Tire Recall
These recalled Michelin tires, which have been used as the original equipment for some models of Ford cars and trucks, specifically affect tires that are the following sizes:
- Size LT 225
- Size 75R16 115
- Size 112R LRE.
According to Michelin, these tires were reportedly made between January 10, 2010 and June 23, 2012 and have been used as both stock tires and replacement tires for:
- Light commercial trucks (including delivery trucks)
- Full-sized, heavy-duty vans (both passenger vehicles and commercial vans)
- Smaller SUVs, ATVs and recreational vehicles
- Larger pickup trucks.
What to Do If You Have Recalled Michelin Tires On Your Vehicle…
Owners of cars, vans, trucks recreational vehicles or any type of vehicle that may be equipped with these recalled Michelin tires:
- Will reportedly be directly notified by Michelin by a phone call and/or a recall letter starting on January 6, 2014
- Have been instructed to call the Michelin Customer Care agents at 800-231-5890 and/or the officials at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at 888-327-4236 for further information regarding this recall
- Can have their recalled tires replaced at no cost to them at participating auto shops
- Will likely have a legal claim against Michelin if they were involved in a car accident due to tire failure associated with these recalled tires.
Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyers
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon car accident lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
We take pride in tailoring our legal representation to specifically meet our clients’ needs and in expertly guiding them through each stage of the complex the legal process. While our attorneys are aggressive and effective litigators both inside and outside of the courtroom, we are also counselors that can provide our clients with helpful legal advice regarding their best options.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that may have been caused by a defective or recalled tire, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.