Dog Bite Lawyer Cahokia, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Cahokia, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Cahokia is responsible. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, they typically do it out of fear, or because the animal is aggressive and protecting what they consider to be their territory.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Your injuries deserve medical attention. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to take days off of work to get the medical treatment you need for the attack, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Cahokia can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Cahokia
Hassakis Law is a local Cahokia personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you’re confused by how the legal process works, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Cahokia as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They’ll be mad at you for the dog attacking you, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Cahokia secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have jaws that are built for breaking bones. Their mouths are made for ripping and puncturing their food. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. Your dog bite may need to be seen to by a medical professional. Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Cahokia can make sure that you don’t have to pay for the damages done to you.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. These class cost money that you wouldn’t have to pay for if the dog hadn’t attacked you. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Cahokia is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Cahokia will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Cahokia – Lawyer near me Cahokia
Dogs bite when they haven’t been properly trained, or when they are stressed because of their living conditions. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Cahokia takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.