Dog Bite Lawyer Cumberland County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Cumberland County, IL. Cumberland County pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Dogs ate great pets and companions, but they can also be vicious animals went they aren’t obedience trained. When a dog bites someone, they typically do it out of fear, or because the animal is aggressive and protecting what they consider to be their territory.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve been forced to miss work and lose wages, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Cumberland County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Cumberland County
Hassakis Law is a local Cumberland County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We know how traumatic a dog attack can be, and how devastating the injuries can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, what you should be able to recover from your claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Cumberland County as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They’ll be mad at you for the dog attacking you, or that their dog was just acting in their defense. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Cumberland County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You work hard for your money, and you have bills that have to be paid. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. These classes aren’t free. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog has bitten someone before, or if there have been complaints against the animal and the pet owner still refused to properly train their animal, punitive damages can be sought against the pet owner.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Cumberland County is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Cumberland County fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Cumberland County – Lawyer near me Cumberland County
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Cumberland County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.