Dog Bite Lawyer Du Bois, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Du Bois, IL. Not every pet owner in Du Bois is a responsible pet owner. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, they typically do it out of fear, or because the animal is aggressive and protecting what they consider to be their territory.
Dog bites are not a joke, they are often serious injuries that can cause deformities or lasting health issues. Your injuries deserve medical attention. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to call in sick or use your hard earned vacation days, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Du Bois can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Du Bois
Hassakis Law is a local Du Bois personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. These types of cases involve traumatic injuries, and serious medical bills. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you have questions regarding the legal process for a dog bite, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Du Bois as soon as possible. We want to help you get the recovery, compensation and respect you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Du Bois secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When they bite, they almost always leave lasting scars and cause serious injuries. Your dog bite may need to be seen to by a medical professional. Our Dog Bite Claims team can make sure that all of your expenses are covered.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. If you hadn’t been bitten, then you wouldn’t have had to miss work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. All types of rehabilitation cost money. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog was known to be an aggressive animal, and the pet owner did nothing to contain their dog, then you can seek further punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your dog bite claim in Du Bois may have complexities that make it different from other claims. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Du Bois fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Du Bois – Lawyer near me Du Bois
Dogs bite when they haven’t been properly trained, or when they are stressed because of their living conditions. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We’re going to fight on your side, for your rights. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Du Bois takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.