Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fayette County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fayette County. Motorcycles are fast, fun, and a thrill to ride. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s taking a tally of all vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s others. If you’ve been injured because of a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Fayette County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Fayette County residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to defend your rights and recoveries and make sure that those who caused your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Fayette County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. This is a list of why accident involving motorcycles can be so traumatic:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Fayette County accident lawyers can and will help you through your motorcycle accident claim .. Do you need to speak with our traffic accident lawyers? If so, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
As with other vehicles, motorcycle accidents can happen in many usual circumstances. Speeding, drunk driving, and a failure to pay attention are some of the most usual culprits. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you’ve been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, no obligation assessment of your claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The reasons for why motorcycle accidents happen often involves other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk or Impaired Driving
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Driving a vehicle with obvious issues that can meet road safety obligations
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Fayette County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide services to all areas of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.