Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Hamilton County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Hamilton County. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining cars, trucks, ATVs and other motorized vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we take great pride in providing Hamilton County residents with qualified legal guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Hamilton County residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to defend your rights and recoveries and make sure that those who caused your motorcycle accident are held to account. If you’re ready to have a law firm that will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim, call us.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Hamilton County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer the protections that trucks and cars do, but they aren’t meant to because driving a motorcycle is about enjoying it’s freedom and connection to the road. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- The lack of protection from the elements that motorcycles and scooters provide.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
When a motorcycle accident has occurred, its important to speak with our motorcycle accident attorneys immediately. Our Hamilton County crash lawyers are ready to take on your motorcycle accident claim and ensure that you get the financial compensation and recovery that you need. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
As with other vehicles, motorcycle accidents can happen in many usual circumstances. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, no obligation assessment of your claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Negligence is often the main factor in Motorcycle Accidents. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while tired
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Hamilton County residents and the surrounding area with exceptional and qualified legal guidance for over 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide legal guidance and expertise to all of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.