Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Mill Shoals
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Mill Shoals. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles are not nearly as safe as other vehicles and their accidents often result in fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining cars, trucks, ATVs and other motorized vehicles. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Mill Shoals residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know how traumatizing a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Mill Shoals residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to defend your rights and recoveries and make sure that those who caused your motorcycle accident are held to account. If you’re ready to have a law firm that will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim, call us.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Mill Shoals Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t as protective and trucks and cars and that’s because they aren’t meant to be. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are some of the factors that contribute to the severity of motorcycle accident injuries:
- These vehicles are much lighter than trucks or cars.
- The lack of protection from the elements that motorcycles and scooters provide.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Mill Shoals attorneys will fight to defend your motorcycle accident claim and ensure that you get the financial compensation and recovery that you need. If you need to speak with our accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Speeding, drunk driving, and a failure to pay attention are some of the most usual culprits. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident and one of the reasons above or another led to your accident, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The reasons for why motorcycle accidents happen often involves other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Driving vehicles with faulty equipment or that have not been properly maintained, which could increase the risk of problems like brake failure or broken indicators
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Mill Shoals residents and the surrounding area with exceptional and qualified legal guidance for over 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Given the ever mobile world we live in, we receive contact from potential clients that live in central or northern Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.