Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Shelby County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Shelby County. Motorcycles are exciting and liberating to drive. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s combining all vehicles. If you, or a member of your family needs legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Shelby County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for Shelby County residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight for you and your loved ones and to make sure that those responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you are ready to get the recovery and compensation you and your family deserve, call our motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Shelby County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are small, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. The lack of these protections also means that motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are some of the factors that contribute to the severity of motorcycle accident injuries:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash, its important to seek qualified legal guidance immediately. Our Shelby County accident lawyers can and will help you through your motorcycle accident claim to defend your rights and legal compensation. Do you need to speak with our traffic accident lawyers? If so, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
When you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident and your crash was caused by one of the reasons above or another, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, client centered consultation of your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle Accidents happen for a variety or reasons, and often it is due to the negligence of other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Texting and Driving or using an electrical device that takes concentration off the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having experienced legal representation matters. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Shelby County residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide legal guidance and expertise to all of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.