Dog Bite Lawyer Mt. Vernon, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Mt. Vernon, IL. Owning a dog is a responsibility, and not every Mt. Vernon resident treats pet ownership as seriously as they should. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog’s have sharp teeth that leave terrible scars or injuries. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Mt. Vernon can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Mt. Vernon
Hassakis Law is a local Mt. Vernon personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you’re confused by how the legal process works, what you should be able to recover from your claim, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Mt. Vernon as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that the dog has never done that before and that they shouldn’t be punished. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Mt. Vernon secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. When a dog bites, they try to rip and thrash their target, which can leave serious damages. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. Our Dog Bite Claims team can make sure that all of your expenses are covered.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – If the bite was bad enough, you might have to see a physical therapist. These classes aren’t free. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog has bitten someone before, or if there have been complaints against the animal and the pet owner still refused to properly train their animal, punitive damages can be sought against the pet owner.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Mt. Vernon is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Mt. Vernon fight for your rights, recovery, and to hold the dog owner responsible.
Dog Bite Lawyer Mt. Vernon – Lawyer near me Mt. Vernon
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet owner should properly confine and provide for their pet, its the law.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Mt. Vernon takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.