Dog Bite Lawyer Salem, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Salem, IL. Not every pet owner in Salem is a responsible pet owner. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, they typically do it out of fear, or because the animal is aggressive and protecting what they consider to be their territory.
Dog bites almost always leave puncture wounds, lacerations, and infections. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. “It’s just a dog bite” isn’t going to get you medical care or medication for the infection that came from the bite. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Salem can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Salem
Hassakis Law is a local Salem personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We have years of experience to use to fight for your full recovery and your legal rights. A dog bite isn’t cute or funny, it’s painful and can cause serious injuries. You have rights. If you’re confused by how the legal process works, how much you can recover for your injuries, and how the pet owner and animal will be held responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Salem as soon as possible. We can help you get what you need, and what you deserve. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
Accepting responsibility for a dog bite means having to pay the bills for the damages, and not every Salem pet owner is willing to do that. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Salem secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs are animals with a strong bite force. Their mouths are made for ripping and puncturing their food. A dog bite can leave scars, tears in the skin, or other types of deformities. Your injuries may be severe enough that surgery will be required, which always costs. We can make sure that the person responsible for your injuries pays.
- Wages Lost – Any injury can cause you to miss work. You can’t afford to miss work because your family and lifestyle relies upon your wages. You can’t afford to take off work, and you’ve lost wages because of the dog bite. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. These classes aren’t free. You can legally force the dog owner to pay for these classes.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your claim may require more legal costs, or it may be relatively simple and fast. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Salem won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Salem – Lawyer near me Salem
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Salem takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.