Wrapping up our blog series Malnutrition and Nursing Home Neglect: 6 Facts to Know, below, we will point out some more important info to know about malnutrition and neglect if you have an elderly loved one living in a nursing home.
Malnutrition and Nursing Home Neglect: More Important Facts
Fact 5 – Nursing home conditions can contribute to malnutrition.
A tragic fact about malnutrition and nursing home neglect is simply that the conditions of the nursing homes themselves – the homes where we trust that our elderly loved ones will be watched over and receive the extra care they need – end up causing malnutrition and further harm. In fact, some of the specific conditions at nursing homes that can lead to malnutrition and nursing home neglect include (but are by no means limited to):
- Understaffing issues, as a lack of staff can mean that residents aren’t getting the level of attention and/or care they need
- Poorly trained staff, as staff who don’t understand the symptoms of malnutrition won’t know when to step in and get help for residents.
When the conditions of nursing homes do end up playing a role in residents’ malnutrition or other health complications, then residents may have a claim against the nursing home – and they should contact us to find out more about their best options for financial recovery.
Fact 6 – When nursing home neglect leads to malnourishment and injuries, our attorneys will be ready to fight for you.
While all of the facts that we’ve discussed so far in this blog series have been important and fascinating, perhaps the most important fact to know about malnutrition and nursing home neglect is that our lawyers are dedicated to helping injured people and their families obtain compensation and justice when they’ve been victimized by this negligence.
The bottom line is that:
- Nursing home neglect and abuse is never alright.
- You may have to be vigilant, watch out for your loved one and step in when you suspect nursing home neglect or abuse.
- Contacting an experienced lawyer like the Mount Vernon nursing home neglect attorneys at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis will be the best way to protect your rights and interests – while holding negligent parties accountable – as you move forward.
Mount Vernon Nursing Home Neglect Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Has your loved one been the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect? If so, the experienced and trusted Mount Vernon nursing home neglect lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights. Since 1950, we have been providing the highest quality legal services and representation to our clients. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
If you are ready to learn more about your best legal options and how we can help you, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.